#76: When the Creative Well Has Run Dry

Forums Forums Misfits & Daydreamers Newsletter Archives #76: When the Creative Well Has Run Dry

This topic contains 16 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Kirstie Earlene 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

MichRoberts90
    Participant

Aw, I’m sorry you’re struggling. If you don’t have time to take off for reading a physical book, maybe try listening to an audiobook when you’re doing dishes or laundry. Chores are more fun and you still get to consume at least a little fiction. I love listening to epic fantasy and classics on audio, especially when I don’t have the patience to sit down and read the huge things.

I have to admit, I haven’t run into this problem. Yet. 🙂 Every time I’ve stopped writing, it’s because life got in the way (dayjob, moving across the country, whatever).

Kirstie Earlene
    Participant

-Hi Sooz!

One of my favorite ways to refill my creative well when I’m super busy is to listen to audio books while doing mindless tasks like cooking, cleaning etc. That fills those otherwise “wasted” moments with much needed soul food.

Another trick I’ve used is to go for a walk and just watch people, animals etc. even if it’s only for 15 minutes it can make a huge difference. Sometimes I combine this with the audio books, the physical activity plus the creative exploration in the story leave me feeling refreshed and I can attack the story with new enthusiasm.

I hope these help you and good luck, an empty well is no fun!! <3

Best wishes,

Kirstie

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.