CP/Buddy Match-up!

This topic contains 177 replies, has 113 voices, and was last updated by  sdreid 4 days, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 178 total)
  • Author

onlybylaura
    Participant

Hi Sofia!

If you’re still interested in CPs, your story sounds awesome and I’d love to exchange some chapters. E-mail me at laurampohl@gmail.com. My story’s is fantasy as well based on russian mythology (it’s on page 9, about halfway through if you want to look at it before you shoot me an e-mail). Looking forward for your reply 😀

Mkisthart
    Participant

Name Molly

Genre YA fantasy, and some science fiction

<b>Project </b>

Eris, heir to the throne of Bloodiron, has no memories of her life beyond the year she lived after waking up from a terrible accident. But when a masked ball goes horribly wrong, Eris’s past begins to bleed through. To find the truth Eris escapes from the palace, dragging her knight friend Navin along for the ride. The journey will take them beyond their world, and Eris will discover more than the true heir to the throne. There are more questions than answers awaiting Eris outside the castle walls and even in her own memories.

<b>What I am looking for in a cp partner </b>

Someone honest, who loves fantasy, magic, and fight scenes, is timely and responcive, loves to talk about writing, and gets excited about what they are writing and reading.

Fun fact

English is my main language but I also speak  German, Klingon, Navi, and sarcasm.

Contact me at kisthartm@yahoo.com

If interested.

PlanetBeth91
    Participant

Name: Elizabeth, friends call me Beth, people who wish to die quickly and gruesomely call me Liz or Lizzy
    Genre you like to write/read in: YA: Sci-fi, fantasy, steampunk, but I’ll read anything.

Project and a short blurb: I started this project about a year ago, it’s my baby and I love and hate it in equal measure depending on the day however, it’s called Rising Tide as a working title: Raised in a Society of Unique Individualism, life for Identical twins was never going to be easy. Constantly fighting to fit in by standing out and apart from one another has driven a wedge between Alessia and Aleksa. After being arrested for the latest in the long line of stunts Aleksa meets Caelan, an Agent, whose dangerous life changes hers, and threatens to shatter everything she’s ever known. Her sister Alessia is driven further away by this new life as she travels her own path of political machination and love. As sides are taken and choices made how can the girls know which is the right side and why is the youngest Councillor in the Nation’s history so interested in Alessia?

What you are looking for in a CP/Buddy: Someone else who loves writing, who is happy to have ideas bounced off them, and isn’t afraid of mad over enthusiastic messages and will be honest about what they’ve read, a big picture reader and a plot hole picker! Someone who is willing to share the road to publication and cheerlead when I decide I hate life, my manuscript, and want to give up. Of course I would do the same for you!
    A short, fun fact about yourself (c’mon, let’s be fun here!): I’m a fully trained Nail Tech – co-incidentally I have the worst nails of any of my friends

Feel free to contact to me at planetbeth91@gmail.com

I’m really nervous about this, this is my first time venturing out on to any kind of writers forum!

myavino
    Participant

Name: Michele

Genre you  like to read and write in: Fantasy, Fairy Tales, Dystopian, Mystery/Thriller, Historical Fiction

Project and a short blurb: I’m currently in the process of working on it. It’s basically a story about two sisters one is good (Alexis) one and the other (Nyx) is determine to destroy not only the happiness of her sister but everyone in general. Still figuring things out as I go go along.

What are you looking for in a CP/Buddy: Someone who enjoys writing and can help me set goals to actually complete a first draft. I can be a bit lazy when it comes to writing. I also hope to be a support system for someone else.

A short, fun fact about yourself (c’mon let’s be fun here):  My last means Jacob’s vineyard. 😉

Feel free to contact me at: myavino03@yahoo.com

Sarah
    Participant

Name: Sarah

Genre you like to write/read in: I mainly write YA fantasy, but I’ve been branching out to SF and historical fiction. I love reading all YA books, especially character driven books regardless of genre.

Project and short blurb: This is my second time posting on Susan’s awesome forum (my last post is on June 7, 2015 if you’re curious). I have a new YA fantasy that’s ready to be critiqued! Here’s the one-sentence summary: After witnessing her father’s murder, a girl–gifted with the ability to read palm lines–decides to find the truth, despite the vicious beasts that roam at night and the fact that those closest to her stand in her way.

What are you looking for in a CP/buddy: I’m looking for……someone who’s passionate about writing and will push me to create an even better book….someone who’s committed to someday getting published…..someone who’s willing to talk about writing–all the struggles and joys
    In terms of critique, I want someone who’s honest, but still respectful. I’m looking for a CP for the long haul, so we can work on multiple projects together and walk the path of publication together. I would also love a CP who would be willing to offer comments on big picture things and the small details!

A short fun fact about yourself: I recently worked as a bookshelver at a public library. Guess which section I was always willing to shelve? 🙂

Thanks!

rentserenity
    Participant

Name: Chelsea

Genre you like to write/read in: I’m currently writing a YA sci-fi, and I plan to write in other genres, including adult sci-fi and maybe YA magical realism. I read almost all genres and prefer character based stories.

Project and a short blurb: I’m narrowing in on the last draft or two of my YA sci-fi story called The Core Team and plan on querying sometime before June of this year. The blurb:

Kimberley Day, known as Warden among her friends, understands a great deal about manipulation. Not only does she regularly undergo super-soldier experiments that modify her DNA, but, to survive her captors’ brainwashing attempt, she learned to mask her anger and feign obedience so that the doctors would believe they’d succeeded. For Warden, though, her own safety isn’t enough. She’s determined to be her teammates’ guardian and, through her manipulation tactics, she’s managed to help her friends retain their humanity. When Warden accidentally steps out of line, causing the doctors to become suspicious, she’s going to have to reevaluate how to protect them, because if she’s seen as disobedient, the doctors will decide to brainwash her once again, and her sanity isn’t likely to survive.

What you are looking for in a CP/Buddy: I’m looking for someone who’s serious about publishing; someone who’ll tell me honestly what they think works and doesn’t work in my story; someone who’s open to critique and wanting to improve their writing as well as wanting to help me improve my own.

A short, fun fact about yourself: I minored in linguistics in college, focusing on invented languages.

Contact Me: chelsea.slevin.22@gmail.com OR twitter: @chelseaslevin

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  rentserenity.

clmannarino
    Participant

Name: C.L.

Genre you like to write/read in: I write YA fantasy and contemporary fiction, and I read mostly fantasy, though I have branched into romance, sci-fi, contemporary, and historical fiction.

Project and a short blurb: I’m mainly a novel writer, but I’m right now looking for someone to also critique short stories. The blurb:

She is an old friend of his. He is an old flame. They’ve been apart for some time, but once they reunite, will they fall apart, or fall together?

What you are looking for in a CP/Buddy: I’m serious about publishing, so someone with similar goals is preferred. I need to work with someone who has a good grasp of story structure, character arc, and world building, since those are areas that have been tough for me in the past. I also need someone who can work fairly quickly, someone who is good about deadlines, and will give me deadlines to get their work finished by.

A short, fun fact about yourself: I’m in the middle of crocheting an afghan for the first time ever. It’s about as long as a typical throw blanket, but it’s more work than I anticipated. Oops!

Contact Me: clmannarino@hotmail.com

<object id=”__symantecPKIClientMessenger” style=”display: none;” data-extension-version=”0.4.0.129″ data-install-updates-user-configuration=”true”></object>

clmannarino
    Participant

(I have probably three posts on here, but here we go again!)

Name: C.L.

Genre you like to write/read in: I write YA fantasy and contemporary fiction, and I read mostly fantasy, though I have branched into romance, sci-fi, contemporary, and historical fiction.

Project and a short blurb: I’m looking for someone to critique a short novel I recently finished second revisions on. I’d like to make sure the structure works, and the characters arc. The blurb:

A love-struck teenager from a small town must convince her crush to date her before he leaves for college to prove to her friend that seniors aren’t just interested in sex.

What you are looking for in a CP/Buddy: I’m serious about publishing, so I’d like to work with someone who feels the same way. I need help with story structure, character arc, and world building, since those are areas that have been tough for me in the past, though I don’t have much problem seeing them in books! I also need someone who can work fairly quickly, someone who is good about deadlines, and will give me deadlines to get their work finished by.

A short, fun fact about yourself: I used to write Legomances.

Contact Me: clmannarino@hotmail.com

<object id=”__symantecPKIClientMessenger” style=”display: none;” data-extension-version=”0.4.0.129″ data-install-updates-user-configuration=”true”></object>

clmannarino
    Participant

Posted months ago, but re-posting again because I’m still looking for 2 CPs!

Name: C.L.

Genre you like to write/read in: YA, with an emphasis on fantasy, the paranormal / supernatural, and realistic fiction

Project and a short blurb: A novice vampire hunter must stop a rogue religious vampire from collecting and feeding off of homeless people, before the surrounding towns figure out what’s happening.

This is the second book in a trilogy and I’m looking to have it publishable by the end of the year (2016).

What you are looking for in a CP/Buddy: I need the most help with big picture feedback: making sure the story’s structured properly, that the characters arc, that the ending makes sense. I like being able to chat back and forth during the process about what I’m working on. I would also like a beta reader who’s serious about getting published, who responds well to deadlines, and has fast email response times. 🙂

What I’m good at: details (setting, characters, back story), grammar, spelling, pacing

Contact information: clmannarino@hotmail.comclmannarino.com

Fun Fact: I’m going to visit a haunted house this year!<object id=”__symantecPKIClientMessenger” style=”display: none;” data-extension-version=”0.4.0.129″ data-install-updates-user-configuration=”true”></object>

onlybylaura
    Participant

Writing here again because I’m in need of critique partners for new project.

Genre: Science-fiction, fantasy, contemporary (ONLY YA)

Project: When 16yo Aadira is spirited away from the arms of her future husband and taken to the middle of the desert with a band of thieves, Aadira must choose between helping the thieves or waiting for a rescue that might never arrive.
    It’s a tale inspired by Ali-Baba and the One Thousand Nights, and takes place in a fictional land that resembles the Middle East.

What are you looking for: Thing is, I’ve seen my own culture mis-represented a hundred thousand times, and I hate it. I always think if the writer only had the trouble to get a reader, they could’ve spotted the wrong thing miles off. What I really want is someone to call me off on anything that may come across as offensive or inaccurate in my own story.
    I know that I’m not the ideal person to write about this culture, or maybe you guys are tired of seeing books about jinn and magic and deserts with misrepresentation of your culture and who you are. Which is why I’d really appreciate it if I could get someone to give me feedback on this, like a sensitivity reading. Studying and reading can only take me so far, and I’d like to get a very accurate representation, the best I owe to your culture, the book and its readers. I don’t want to use it as only some sort of inspiration and twist it around, but try to do my best in a fantasy book.

What I’m good at: plot, characters, pacing, setting, worldbuilding anything that’s off. I’m not super great at line edits.

Please send me an e-mail at laurampohl@gmail.com

sadehunt
    Participant

Name: Sade

Genre You Like To Write/Read In: YA (fantasy & romance)

Project: The Last Blood Witch: The Witching Hour
    Raina Stormhold had never dreamed of meeting Seth. And she never imagined he would unlock the secrets about her life that had been hidden for so long. Hidden inside her house, away from the lurking world, Raina discovers her whole life has been one twisted, carefully concealed, lie. But when the beautiful, mysterious, smirking, Seth comes to play in her life, she starts to peel back the veil of lies to find the truth hidden underneath.
    But sometimes, the truth can be ugly. She is the last Blood Witch, the only one left who is capable of extraordinary powers. She has to now stop, or be destroyed by, the Shadowhail witch village. Raina will have to discover who and what she is in order to save herself and the ones she loves. Seth says he will protect her even if it kills him, but does she really want to risk a love she may never get back?

What Are You Looking For: I’m looking for someone who is responsive, fun to write with, and can give great feedback/suggestions, along with great editing skills. This project is coming to an end on the first stage of writing but I could use lots of help with refining certain scenes/chapters. I want someone who can be brutally honest if something doesn’t work/make any sense. I am looking for someone who wants to refine their writing skills along with my own.

What I’m Good At: I’m great with character details and editing. I’m great with words and am very good at getting back to you in time.

Fun Fact About Me: I am only a sophomore in college and am majoring in English and Creative Writing. I’ve also read probably over 20 books this month!

Contact Me: sadehunt@outlook.com

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  sadehunt.

french.verb
    Participant

Posted here before, but I have a new project now, so here we go!

Name: Shante

Genre you like to write/read in:i Contemporary YA. I also plan on dabbling in some MG and NA. Interested in reading virtually any subgenre of YA (except horror) and potentially MG.

Project and a short blurb: I’ve just started querying for this project:

Leia Sinclair is not a thief. But don’t ask her mother—she’ll tell you differently.

What the world doesn’t know is that Leia can’t help it. She doesn’t want to steal; she has to. If she could stop, she would. Stealing has gotten her into a lot of trouble: Her domineering mother keeps tabs on her at all times, her only friend was sent to a juvenile delinquent center, and now she’s stealing from a thrift store called Finders Keepers. Which happens to be owned by her grandparents.

When a cute Hispanic guy named Junot starts working at Finders Keepers, stealing gets trickier. But Leia can’t seem to help but return to the store, and Junot can’t seem to help talking her ear off. Leia is finally making friends, but she can’t let her grandparents or Junot find out her secret. Because if they do, not only will Leia lose the only real friends she’s ever had, but her entire future may be at stake.

FINDERS KEEPERS is a 70,000-word contemporary YA novel.

What you are looking for in a CP/Buddy: I’m looking for a long-term CP. Someone with whom I can chat about writing. Bounce ideas off each other, read each other’s works and give helpful feedback, and go on this journey to publication together. I’d really love to work with someone who also writes contemporary YA because I think it would be beneficial for both of us to work with someone who writes in the same genre, but I am definitely open to working with anyone who writes YA.

A short, fun fact about yourself (c’mon, let’s be fun here!): My name is a verb in French, hence my username. “Chanter” in French literally means “to sing.”

Email me at frenchverb3 [at] gmail [dot] com if interested. 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  french.verb.

Harshj
    Participant

NAME – Harsh (not that harsh, in my language it means happiness!)

GENRE – mythological fantasy fiction but yeah i read all the genres book.

WANT TO KNOW WHAT’S IN MY PROJECT? –

It is a mythological fantasy fiction and that is why it starts with the creation of the world. the story is a blend of the gods and dark ones. the life of three friends (Andrew, Erik and Christine), will never be same again as the destiny tests their friendship and trust. they find themselves in a forest where a training camp awaits them where the trainers are the ones chosen by the gods. a new mythology with the essence of love, hatred, betrayal, evilness, strategies and last but not the least, victory of light over darkness! is my project. Andrew with the help of his friends will overcome his fear and get back the sacred ball of light back to the earth which had been stolen by the god of darkness, if he fails to get the sacred ball back from the darkest chasm of hell to earth within a week. then, the darkness will come to rule AGAIN with the god of darkness in his form.

WHAT I WANT IN A CRITIQUE – true opinions and advices. i want someone who may help me to polish my skills rather than only just praise(but yeah, i will really like that praise part) and MOTIVATION.

A FUN FACT ABOUT ME – i told you i am not as harsh as my name says, the literal meaning of harsh in my language is “happiness”. mind it please! i really love to collect bookmarks and the funny part is that i have only one of it! (sorry, i know that’s not funny)

CONTACT – you can mail and ask me for the first chapters of my books…. (i don’t want to say it but… ok, see i have not written fully yet and i am on journey to complete my first draft so i want to someone who can point out mistakes in my draft so that my mistakes list won’t get any longer in coming chapters)

you can mail me at tumnehumkodekhaaise@gmail.com

thank you so much…

amandamarie5187
    Participant

I’ve posted here before, but am working on a new project now and would love to talk to some other writers.

Name: Amanda

Genre you like to write/read in: I read and write in YA and NA fantasy, paranormal, and science fiction. Sometimes I dabble in contemporary and historical. I’m trying to expand my horizons, so anything goes.

Project and a short blurb: Current Project is The Source Chronicles Book 1 (in it’s second draft at the moment). It is an upper YA Steampunk Fantasy and quite the adventure

Lucinda Compton will go to any lengths to find her father, including interacting and making deals with air pirates. But when one of these interactions goes horribly wrong, Lucinda steals something valuable from the pirate and runs. Later that evening, the pirate comes to her home with a vengence, kidnapping her only remaining family.

Desperate to find her father, and now her brother, Lucy goes on a whirlwind adventure to learn the secrets of the device the pirate wants back so badly. She meets a group of pirates who become accomplices in her finding her family and in running from the law.

What you are looking for in a CP/Buddy: I’m looking for someone to trade chapters with once or twice a week and to give me honest and helpful feedback. I’m hoping for someone to help me stay on track and be my acountibili-buddy. I’m quite good with producing a chapter or two a week, but sometimes need a little nudge. It’s also fun to become friends with your CP and celebrate the joys of writing together.

A short, fun fact about yourself (c’mon, let’s be fun here!): Sometimes before writing I have to have a mini-dance party, to pump myself up and get some excess energy out.

If you’re interested in being my writing buddy and CP, you can email me at amandamarie5187@gmail.com

sariahfletcher
    Participant

Name: Sariah<

Genre you write/read in: I read and write science fiction, paranormal and fantasy, and dabble with contemporary and romantic suspense. While I read YA, NA and Adult I tend to write YA and NA.

Project and short blurb: Current Project : The Kingdom Wreckers Book 1 (working on the first draft) An older YA/NA Fantasy Adventure.

Isabou Harper has spent the past seven years living a lie. Hiding who she is and what she can do. Once having magic was a gift, now it carries a death sentence. When a fateful act of kindness toward an old enemy threatens to expose her, Isabou most run. Hunted by the monsters who destroyed her family and with nowhere else to go, Isabou must trust a notorious smuggler to help her out of the city and safely to the Underground where a magical resistance is brewing.

What are you looking for in a CP/Buddy: I am looking for someone to trade chapters with, give honest  feedback and help me stay on point and not chase new story tangents. Since I am the only writer in my house it would also be nice to have someone to talk shop with.

A short, fun fact about yourself (c’mon, let’s be fun her!):  I usually listen to music for at least 30 minutes before I start to write. Just to get the creative juices flowing and I am addicted to Yerba Mate (a herbal tea from Argentina that my husband introduced me to – he’s from Argentina).

If you’re interested in being my writing buddy an CP, you can email me at sariahfletcher@gmail.com.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.