Formatting a Manuscript

Forums Forums The Daydreamers (for writers) ASK SOOZ A QUESTION! Formatting a Manuscript

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sooz 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

french.verb
    Participant

Hi Sooz,

I’m currently drafting a novel, and for the longest time, I’ve operated under the idea that writers don’t have to indent the first paragraph when starting a new scene. (Like you add an additional space and then don’t indent the first paragraph.) But I’ve recently heard that’s not true. I’ve also heard that you’re not supposed to hit Tab when starting new paragraphs. So now I’m freaking out over the fact that I may have been formatting all my novels wrong and might have to go back and fix every single paragraph. O_o

Is there any way you could maybe write a newsletter or post about how to correctly format a manuscript? I’ve looked it up, but different sources say different things.

Sooz
    Keymaster

It doesn’t matter! Oh my gosh. Ha. No agent would ever reject you because of this! I use indents; one of my BFFs doesn’t. It realllllly doesn’t matter at all. <3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.