How I Plan a Book, Part 3

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  littlemisswriter 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sooz
    Keymaster

Oops! I forgot to share this link last Friday! Well, here you go. ๐Ÿ™‚ And feel free to ask questions here or in the blog comments. <3

http://susandennard.com/2013/10/18/how-i-plan-a-book-part-3-scene-level-planning/

Isabel Sterling
    Participant

I left a comment on the blog, but I have to say again that I cannot wait to try out the screenplay thing during NaNo. It makes so much sense! Is it NaNo yet? Seriously, I can’t wait to start this story.

Sooz
    Keymaster

Ahhh, I hope the screenplay/skeleton idea works for you!! You can always be as detailed or sparse as you want. I tend to get pretty detailed, spending almost as much time making the screenplay as I do writing the scene…but it works for me! And whatever works, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

littlemisswriter
    Participant

What I’d like to know is what if you’re outlining and then you get an idea for a future chapter. What do you do then?

Sooz
    Keymaster

I write down the idea. ๐Ÿ™‚ Usually I scribble ideas in the margin, and then later on (once I’m done with whatever I was doing), I’ll go back and organize all the ideas-in-margins that are worth keeping. Make sense?

littlemisswriter
    Participant

Definitely makes sense. It’s worked so far!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.