Master Post of Online Resources

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Shanna Key 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Adriana
    Participant

This is so we can have a list of all the gems we find resources, yes for quick reference! 🙂

(I’ll add them as they get mentioned and discussed in the threads.)

1. The Bookshelf Muse

2. Surnames Master Post

3. Pub(lishing) Crawl

4. Superstitions and Mythological Creatures

5. Time and date

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Sooz.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Sooz.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Adriana.

Rosanna
    Participant

Here’s one really useful resource I’ve been turning to quite a lot in the last week.

timeanddate.com is an interesting tool for looking up worldwide weather patterns and times for sunset and sunrise around the world. I’ve been using this last function the most as I try and work out what time everything’s happening in my novel (go to the Sun & Moon tab on the main page for this feature). It has info on an international level so, if you’re writing a real-world story, you won’t go wrong using this website to double-check your moon phases, sunsets and sunrises for accuracy and consistency.

If you’re a fantasy writer like me, and assuming your world is the same size (roughly) as Earth, you could pick a country/continent you think might mirror the locations in your book and use it as a reference tool for working out your day and night patterns — and then embellish/adjust to your heart’s content! 😉

Hope you all find it useful!

Adriana
    Participant

omg that is fantastic. Thank you so much, Rosanna! I’ll add it to the main list.

This couldn’t come at a better time. I always have issues keeping my days/nights straight. In the WIP I’m editing right now I accidentally made it afternoon – morning – night in that order and in the same scene lol

Shanna Key
    Participant

Great tip. I live in the desert, so I’m constantly putting a bright sun in the sky where it doesn’t belong.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.