NaNoWriMo 2014 Goals, Projects, and Usernames

Forums Forums The Daydreamers (for writers) NaNoWriMo 2014 NaNoWriMo 2014 Goals, Projects, and Usernames

Tagged: 

This topic contains 47 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  566739 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

rinparis
    Participant

The Goals
    My goal for this NaNoWriMo 2014 is to finally write the high fantasy novel that’s been bouncing around in my head for the last two years

The Project
    The project is a high fantasy novel incorporating elements from Australian Aboriginal and Maori cultures. I have a lot of conflicting ideas so I think the only way for me to get to the heart of the story is to sit down and write it!

Username
    NaNoWriMo: rinparis
    Twitter: diazenylium
    Pinterest

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  rinparis.

EMDA
    Participant

The Goal: Complete the 50,000 word goal of NaNoWriMo and have at least half of the first draft. If I manage to complete the first draft that would be excellent.

The Project:The Chronicles of Evren is an epic fantasy story about the Serina letting go of her fears and stepping up to do what’s right (even when it the hardest thing to do). It has more meat to it of what I just wrote but if I get into more details I’ll turn into a endless rambling mouth.

Where to find me:
    NaNo Profile:  http://nanowrimo.org/participants/em-andujar

Evren Pinterest Board:  http://www.pinterest.com/emdiazandu/evren/

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/E_M_D_A

My blog:  https://awritingpursuit.wordpress.com/

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  EMDA.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  EMDA.

evenstar_95
    Participant

The Goal: My goal is just to make it to the 50,000 word mark! I have the hardest time finishing things, and I really want to have a finished product in my hands. I’d also like to get connected in an awesome writing community! I don’t know anyone who’s as serious about writing/publishing as I am.

The Project: A novel tentatively titled Blood Magic. Please excuse the roughness of the synopsis!

Once upon a time, a kingdom ruled by blood, magic, and war reached its brutal end and descended into darkness.

Once upon a time, a girl and a boy kissed under a magnolia tree and declared their undying friendship to each other.

Once upon a time, winged beings kidnapped a boy, destroyed an everlasting bond, and awoke their bloodstained world to a new, darker age.

Seventeen-year-old Jaela will do anything to save her best childhood friend, Kai. When a sinister, one-armed man approaches her with supposed knowledge of how to rescue him, Jaela readily agrees to enlist his help, no matter the cost. But his dark knowledge is not what she expected: she will need feathers, blood, and magic to bring him home, and she may lose her life in the process. As Jaela prepares for her long and deadly journey, she soon realizes that there is more at stake than Kai’s life, and more to her past than she ever knew–worlds hang in the balance because of her, and all could end in darkness and blood once more with one wrong step.

Username: chelsey.oettinger
    Blog: chelseyoettinger.blogspot.com

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  evenstar_95.

xraynewolfx
    Participant

The Goal

My goal for this year’s NaNoWriMo is to make it to 50k and feel the energy of writing after dealing with a lot of stress from school. I usually have a difficult time with this event, but I’m hoping to get one project I’ve been working since high school ready to its fullest potential. I also want to get more involve in the writing community with the entire works of bouncing off ideas, tips, and motivating one another to reaching to become published. ^-^

The Project: My project is a trilogy called “Soldiers of Oblivion”, for NaNoWriMo however, I will be working on rewriting the first novel “Trickster of Spectra”. I don’t have a clear symphosis for you guys, but I will explain that this project is a YA Paranormal-Fantasy trilogy with romance and other goodies like humor, violence, and weird and silly reapers.

My NaNo username: Rayne Wolf

My pinterest board: xRayne Wolfx

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  xraynewolfx.

Sooz
    Keymaster

HOORAY! I think I’ve added everyone.

Are you all ready to get started tomorrow???

Sorcha
    Participant

I can’t wait to get started, I feel like I’ve been thinking about NaNo for months! I can hardly believe we’re starting tomorrow!

FabienneJSeegler
    Participant

I am so not ready!!

Anxiety is rising!!

akshayar
    Participant

The Goal:

I’m hoping to have a very very rough draft completed of my new WIP. For me it’s not about the word count as much (though I’d love to reach at least 50k!) as it is about actually finishing something. I’m also hoping to find people with similar goals who want to be mutual motivation buddies!

The Project:

My WIP is an urban fantasy novel (working title is Blackton). It’s a story about two sisters who are separately pulled into this dark fantasy world in a dying/corrupt city and end up realizing they have a huge role to play in the fate of their town. It’s very much inspired by TV for me: Arrow, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, and more recently, Gotham.

Spotify

NaNoWriMo

Pinterest

jonesgirl4
    Participant

The Goal: My goal is to write the next 50,000 words on my WIP which will probably take me to the end, but only to half the story. There’s two storylines going on at once, so I’ll just be focusing on one of them.

The Project: The second novel in my Daughter of Time trilogy. It’s a YA epic fantasy about a demon hunter and the boy who forgot her. The first book is going through its last edits and will be out in Spring 2015!

NaNoWriMo

Twitter

Pinterest

Website

Koba
    Participant

I am using NaNo to (re)draft my current WIP, REWIND (YA fantasy). I wrote a first draft during the last NaNo but the story has since significantly evolved. I hope to get to the 50K. We’ll see.. It is about a teenage girl who travels through time to investigate her father’s disappearance, and in the process discovers secrets that she was never meant to know.

My NaNo username: Kobalyelye

jonesgirl4
    Participant

I’m definitely not staying up to write at midnight. Need my beauty sleep! I’ll be a writing fiend in the morning, though 🙂 Where I live it’s only 2pm right now on Oct 31st

KaitlinisSweet
    Participant

the goal

My goal is to make heavy revisions to my 130,000 draft of my novel, The Shroud. I’d like to cut out fat and create new character perspective scenes. To have a new 40,000 words to play with by December would be UHMAZING!

the project:

The Shroud is a NA Speculative Fiction/Fantasy about a race of people who had their culture eradicated and destinies handed to them; the race of Shroud have been bred for the sword and indoctrinated for killing. Their weak are disposed of and the strong are honed. Only the best Shroud are bred, and the offspring are trialled until proved free of all feebleness that would poison a killers-mind; kindness, love, forgiveness, and pity– humanity. Valen, a 17 year old Shroud must risk her life to find the answers to humanities questions, what is kindness, is it deadly? Whats worth killing for? Whats worth dying for?

Twitter: @kaitlinissweet

NaNoWriMo: KaitlinisSweet

camillessi
    Participant

I’m so so excited to start writing!  I’ve had this story stuck in my head since the summer and I’m super looking forward to getting into this world and connecting with my characters.  But I am starting to have that normal NaNo-freakout, worrying that I’m going to sit down at midnight tonight and have no idea what to write.  I’m hoping I have enough stuff planned that this won’t happen.

Can’t believe it’s already here!

samwrites
    Participant

Hey everyone! My name is Samantha. This is my first year for NaNo. I have participated in Camp NaNo before but never in Nov. I am excited to get started.

My project

I will be working on a historical suspense novel that doesn’t really have a name yet.

I am aiming for 50,000 or more this year.

Good Luck Everyone!

NaNo Username: writerlysam

Twitter: creativesamiam

add me!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  samwrites.

concreteroads
    Participant

The Goal:

This NaNoWriMo I plan to write 50,000 words of a brand new project! I’ll also be balancing this, however, with a short script I have to write and polish by December (not a choice, unfortunately). Hopefully I won’t get too distracted with the bouncing around between two very different projects! Oh, and I also have a paper and a midterm due mid-month. 8’D Yay college life.

The Project:

Honestly, I left it way too late going into NaNoWriMo and so I’m not really as well prepared as I’d like to be. I think I’m going to alternate between outlining and free writing for the first few days of November, and really just seeing where this project takes me. I’ve more or less made up my mind to work on my genderbent space opera fairytale retelling, which is currently untitled.

I’d love writing buddies!

My NaNo account: j.c.

Twitter: @concrete_roads

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.