NaNoWriMo Pep Talks

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adriana 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rosanna
    Participant

Pep Talks are “inspirational letters written by well-known authors during NaNoWriMo.” They usually arrive once a week (or more) during November, and you may need to check your NaNoMail Inbox if you don’t see them appearing in your regular email inbox.

They’re the perfect pick-me-up for when you’re feeling stuck, uninspired, blue or hopeless!

If you’re a NaNoWriMo veteran and love the Pep Talks that arrive in your NaNoMail Inbox during November, you may already know that the Pep Talks from six previous NaNoWriMos are archived on the website! If you didn’t know, then go and have a look!

The NaNoWriMo Pep Talk Archive

Discuss them, dissect them and share your favourites on this thread! Feel free to add links to the new ones during November, and I’ll be checking to make sure they get added to this thread.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Rosanna.

Rosanna
    Participant

NaNoWriMo 2013’s first pep talk is in, and it’s by Rainbow Rowell! (It actually came in two days ago. You guys might have caught it sooner than me.)

I’m always hugely inspired by authors who talk about their actual, real novels which they actually, really wrote during NaNoWriMo. And although I haven’t read anything by Rainbow Rowell, after reading her pep talk I badly want to pick up a copy of Fangirl.

Adriana
    Participant

FANGIRL was so <i>awesome</i>. I honestly spent hours curled on my bed, bawling my eyes out as I tried to read through the tears. Idk, it was just the kind of book that hits you right in the feels. To think that something like that was drafted during NaNo is HUGELY inspirational for me.

Ps: Everyone go read Fangirl. It was great :3

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.