Outling – finding inspiration

Forums Forums The Daydreamers (for writers) ASK SOOZ A QUESTION! Outling – finding inspiration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ashley C Darling 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ashley C Darling
    Participant

Hey Sooz! First of all, thanks so much for this wonderful resource. I’ve been delving into your writing advice for a few months and feel prepared to tackle my next novel! The only issue is…

My idea is a contemporary fantasy (super humans). I don’t read much contemporary or many comics with superheroes. Should I read for inspiration first, or just run with what I have in my head?

My biggest concern is the contemporary part. I’m mainly a fantasy writer, so this is totally new to me. Should I read any contemporary books before I start drafting/outlining, or after during revision?

Thanks!
    Ashley

Sooz
    Keymaster

Hey Ashley! Mind if I save your question for my next newsletter? I think it’s one a lot of readers would benefit from. ๐Ÿ™‚

And thanks for the question!

Ashley C Darling
    Participant

Absolutely! I look forward to the answer! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ashley C Darling
    Participant

Hey Sooz! I didn’t see your answer in your newsletter. Did you mean this newsletter or next time (~2 weeks)? Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.