Share your daily goals word counts here!

Forums Forums The Daydreamers (for writers) NaNoWriMo 2013 & Camp NaNoWriMo 2014 Share your daily goals word counts here!

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Sooz 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

loiedunn
    Participant

Hiya all πŸ™‚

So I’m a few days late here but I wanted to share my goal for the month. I want to finish my novella and am aiming around 25,000 – 40,000 words !! I find I have a lot of unfinished novels lying around so I would like to learn how to finish a story. Hence the novella for this month πŸ™‚ Wooooooo! Good luck ! I have 1796 words so far…just wrapping up uni coursework and essays so hoping to write, write, write this coming week. More later. xo

Loie

claudiaann
    Participant

Inspired bu Laura’s and my conversation, my goal for today is 3k. Wish me luck!

Sooz
    Keymaster

GOOD LUCK!!! πŸ˜€

I’m back at the keyboard today, and my plan is to type in as many of recent rewrites I’ve been doing as I can (I rewrite by hand then have to endure the tedious process of typing all my changes in). I’m shooting for at least 50 pages…which is a LOT since most of the pages are completely redone. πŸ˜› Let’s see how long my wrists last! πŸ˜‰

Sooz
    Keymaster

Yayyy! I reached my goal for yesterday (4/7) and went beyond! My wrists are dying, but I’m happy. πŸ™‚ I managed to type in 93 pages (whoa!).

My goal for today (4/8) is to finish typing in the remaining 10 pages and then turn to hand-rewriting for at least 6 more scenes.

Phew, good thing Truthwitch still isn’t due for 3 more weeks. Erm, why exactly did I decide to rewrite/revise one more time? Oh yeah, because I’m crazy.

claudiaann
    Participant

Congratulations, Sooz! I hate typing and can’t imagine doing all that in a single day. I reached my goal to: 3,176 new words! Yes! I haven’t produced this much in such a short period of time ever. It’s a really great feeling, even though I’m pretty tired. I’m shotting for another 3k today, but since I’ll be pretty busy until evening, I won’t kill myself if I don’t reach it.

Sooz
    Keymaster

Aaah! That’s AWESOME, @claudiaann!! Reaching your highest production rate is, like, the most euphoric feeling ever. GO YOU!!

Sorcha
    Participant

Hey guys, glad to see you’re all doing so well!

After all the excitement of planning for Camp I never actually got started writing. Instead I got flu! Bah. I can honestly say I’ve never felt so ill in my life, it was horrible.

But last night I started writing something totally random in a word doc – not at all what I had planned for Camp – and now I have just over 3000 words and I kind of know what I want to do with the story. Plus I’m finding it FUN to write. Somehow all the pressure is gone!

It’s contemp YA – which I’ve never tried writing before – but I’m really enjoying it.

I’ve halved my Camp Nano goal from 50,000 words to 25,000 given the late start and I’ll be thrilled if I can hammer out those.

How’s everyone else getting on? Sooz – I can’t believe you typed all those handwritten pages in one day!! Wrists of steel right there.

chele
    Participant

Hey gang, hope everyone’s doing well on their WIPs! <3

As for me, I managed to get myself sick last week (tonsillitis, ugh) and somehow my antibiotics-addled brain decided thatΒ nope, it didn’t want to continue working on what I’d planned for Camp–it wanted to go back to an older idea I’d shelved last year instead.

Oh, brain.

Bright side, I’ve now got about 2.1k words of the new story written! AND I’m no longer struggling to get each sentence out! So I’m just gonna run with this–I’ll have to double my daily word goal to 2k to reach my total 30k Camp Nano goal, but I’m feeling pretty confident now hurray!

Who knew medication could do things OTHER than make me sleep all the time? πŸ˜‰

claudiaann
    Participant

YES! At 49k, I have my first ever completed first draft! It needs a lot of work, but I am so proud to have finally finished something.

Sooz
    Keymaster

AAAAAAH!!! THAT IS SO EXCITING!!!!!! GO YOU!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.