Welcome to Camp NaNoWriMo 2014!

This topic contains 30 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  jonesgirl4 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

trionamcs
    Participant

Hey All,

I’ve done Nano before but I’ve never done Camp Nano so I am really excited about it.

I read in most genres but I’m reading sci-fi and fantasy more and more, mainly YA but I dabble in adult also.   My writing is moving towards sci-fi and fantasy also.  The YA contemporary I’m working on below is a bit of an experiment.
    <ul style=”margin: 0px 15px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none; list-style: none; font-family: ‘Droid Sans’, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 20px;”>
    <li style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none; list-style: disc;”><strong style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; color: #1c1c1c;”>Name: Triona
    <li style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none; list-style: disc;”><strong style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; color: #1c1c1c;”>Work In Progress: Finish YA contemporary and start sci-fi novella series
    <li style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none; list-style: disc;”><strong style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; color: #1c1c1c;”>Goal: 50,000 words – I’ve decided to take a year or two out from work to pursue my writing dream full-time!  It’s bliss but also a little bit scary.
    <li style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none; list-style: disc;”><strong style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; color: #1c1c1c;”>Username: TrionaD
    <li style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none; list-style: disc;”><strong style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; color: #1c1c1c;”>Cabin: I don’t have one.  Sooz, I hope you don’t mind but I’ve requested you as a cabin mate (if you’re not full).  I’d love for other cabin mates as well so feel free to request me if your cabin isn’t full.  Let me know if you request me so I can add you also!

Go Nano!  🙂

trionamcs
    Participant

Ooops… Not sure what happened so here’s my entry again.

I’ve done Nano before but I’ve never done Camp Nano so I am really excited about it.</p>

I read in most genres but I’m reading sci-fi and fantasy more and more, mainly YA but I dabble in adult also.   My writing is moving towards sci-fi and fantasy also.  The YA contemporary I’m working on below is a bit of an experiment.</p>
    Name: Triona
    Work In Progress: Finish YA contemporary and start sci-fi novella series
    Goal: 50,000 words – I’ve decided to take a year or two out from work to pursue my writing dream full-time!  It’s bliss but also a little bit scary.
    Username: TrionaD
    Cabin: I don’t have one.  Sooz, I hope you don’t mind but I’ve requested you as a cabin mate (if you’re not full).  I’d love for other cabin mates as well so feel free to request me if your cabin isn’t full.  Let me know if you request me so I can add you also!</p>

Go Nano!  :-)</p>

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  trionamcs. Reason: looks weird on the forum

kamreadsyabooks
    Participant
    • Name: Kam
    • Work in Progress: A YA dystopia where the rain has stopped falling (tentatively titled Water Falls and Rain Drops)
    • Goal: 50,000 words
    • Username: kamreadsyabooks
    • Cabin: I don’t have one

So excited for Camp NaNoWriMo! NaNoWriMo in November really helped me and it was really fun doing it! Good luck everyone!

Di W.
    Participant

Hey guys!

Did anyone actually get the campers they requested? Unfortunately I didn’t get a single person I requested, bummer.

I’m hoping my cabin mates will be active, but if they aren’t I’ll be around these forums roasting marshmallows. Come join me!

4 days to go!!! Aaaah!!!

NicolaJayne
    Participant

I sadly got none of the people I requested, but things are great with my cabin mates! They’re all such nice and chatty guys, and we’ve all soon become friends. PHEW! Relief!

davidpurse
    Participant

Hey everyone! I decided to take part today (talk about last minute) to help me get to the end of my current WIP. I’m about 50% complete and hope to reach 100% by the end of the month. Good luck to you all!

• Name: David Purse
    • Work In Progress: DEAD AWAKE (YA Mystery/Thriller)
    • Goal:50k
    • Username: davidpurse
    • Cabin: I don’t have one yet. Can anyone squeeze me in? =)
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  davidpurse.

Nephele
    Participant

Name: Alex(andra)
    Work In Progress: Inspired by one of Sooz’ posts, I’ll try this camp if juggling multiple projects works for me 🙂 I’ll work on some old unfinished YA fantasy novels
    Goal: Finally finish one of these first drafts (30k)
    Username: Nephele
    Cabin: I just signed up for the next round of cabin assignments (March 31) and would love to be in a cabin with somebody from over here – does anyone want to share a cabin?

Sorcha
    Participant

Joining in just in time! I desperately just want to hammer out a first draft, no matter how rough, so I can get to the good ole revision process (and prove to myself that I can do it without thinking myself out of writing!).

<b>Name</b>: Sorcha

<b>Work In Progress</b>: Things That We Could Be (total working title)

<b>Username</b>: sorchakate

<b>Cabin</b>: I don’t have one 🙁 but I’ve got you guys 🙂

I’m looking forward to this! My project is a novel I’ve been trying to write for the last two years but I never got it quite right – eventually I had to admit that the characters had to change, the setting had to change, and the scope had to get a whole lot wider. Oh, scary research ahoy!

i

steph
    Participant

Is it too late to post here?

I hope not! Here’s my info:

Name: Steph

WIP: SHINY NEW THING (seriously. I just abandoned the thing I had been working on for about 6 months for this.)

GOAL: A finished 1st draft that can be revised. (This is harder than it sounds for me. I keep getting in my way.)

USERNAME: msmeadow

CABIN: Well, it’s too late for this part, isn’t it? 😛

KatMorrisey
    Participant

Hey, everyone. Susan led me to this forum via the cabin we’re in, so here I am, signing up! I’m excited to meet other writerly folks who are going to be chugging through the month towards their  goals.  I do writing sprints on twitter, a lot, so if anyone wants to find me there, feel free. (I’m @katmorrisey there, too.) I see that there is a #BAMFwordbattle hashtag, so I will call that out when I’m doing sprints, in case anyone wants to join. 🙂 Good luck everyone!

• Name: Kat
    • Work in Progress: two actually. I break it down on the CampNaNo site but basically, I’m hitting 10K for one, and 30K for another. (The former is in revision/adding scenes stage, hence the low count, and the later is a newer WiP that I have about 35k words written already).
    • Goal: 40K
    • Username: KatMorrisey
    • Cabin: In a full one, I think…too bad we couldn’t all sneak into one, huh? Looking forward to meeting several writerly friends through there and here!

IceQueen155
    Participant

Hi Guys! I was brought here by Sooz! from the cabin. I’ve done NaNo in November 2011 but not recently because of school.

Name: Danielle
    Work In Progress: Perception (working title)
    Goal: Get 25k out for my first draft out hopefully
    Username: IceQueen155
    Cabin: I have one I think its full but I’m not sure.

emmyneal
    Participant

Name: Emmy

Work In Progress: BONEWOOD, my violent YA high fantasy quest novel 🙂

Goal: FINISH. Which is about 30-40k. Probably.

Username: lazylibra

Cabin: I don’t have one!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  emmyneal.

JennieBee
    Participant

<span style=”color: #1c1c1c; font-family: Thread-00003570-Id-0000000f;”>Name:</span> JennieBee

<span style=”color: #1c1c1c; font-family: Thread-00003570-Id-0000000f;”>Work In Progress:</span> Untitled at the Moment

<span style=”color: #1c1c1c; font-family: Thread-00003570-Id-0000000f;”>Goal: </span><span style=”color: #1c1c1c; font-family: Thread-00003570-Id-0000000f;”>Hit 60,000 words</span>

<span style=”color: #1c1c1c; font-family: Thread-00003570-Id-0000000f;”>Username: </span>JennieBailey (so creative!)

<span style=”color: #1c1c1c; font-family: Thread-00003570-Id-0000000f;”>Cabin:</span> I don’t have one yet.

nohayculpa15
    Participant

Name: Courtney

Work In Progress: GLANCE, my contemporary YA  novel

Goal: 60k a complete first draft!!

Username: nohayculpa15

Cabin: I don’t have one!  If you are doing contemp YA or any kind of YA feel free to add me. Let me know so I can add you back, just shoot me a message on the camp nano website! (Or on here)

maddie
    Participant

My name is Maddie, <span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>and I’m working on a retelling of JMbarrie’s Peter Pan this month. My goal is 25k of a first draft.  My username is americangirlemmie, so add me. I have a every inactive cabin, and would enjoy the company. </span>

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  maddie.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.